Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are so yummy my husband, Jeff, asks for them all the time. They are super rich because of the ground pecans. 5*'s, baby!
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Mix well. By hand works fine.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground pecans, salt, and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir again. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
4. Scoop dough and place on greased cookie sheet, parchment paper, or I like to use a silpat. Flatten the cookies with the back of a buttered spatula. If you have any pecan halves, press one on the top of each cookie. Oooh, la, la!
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until browned around the edges.
6. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies. Store in fridge or freezer.
10/29/2014 06:34:35 am
Hi Janan, I'm not sure why they turned out runny. Dang! Glad they were tasty, though!
10/30/2014 12:15:24 am
Well, Janan, I made the cookies yesterday afternoon and they turned out pretty good. A little flat, but fine. I wonder if your nut butter was more oily than mine? My honey is also quite thick. I do think they could use a tiny bit of coconut flour for stiffness.
Leave a Reply.
Jenny Yelle, MHNE Holistic Wellness Educator
Hello lovelies! Thanks for visiting Au Naturale Nutrition and sharing my passion for holistic living and whole foods. I love to help my readers take a natural approach to beauty and aging gracefully. Radiate beautiful health!
Download both of my FREE e-Books!
Take my e-course!
No homework or tests, just great information about holistic beauty & wellness:
Get a discount by using the link here:
By accessing or using any page on AuNaturaleNutrition.com, you agree that you have read, understood, and will abide by the:
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.
Any/all of the links on AuNaturaleNutrition.com are affiliate links from which I receive a small commission from sales of certain items. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you!