Woo Hoo, PIZZA PARTY! Making a homemade pizza a great activity to do on a special night, with the kiddos, or it can be a romantic "date" with your sweetie. It's become a weekend tradition at my house to make a homemade pizza. We watch a great movie or Downton Abbey and just relax.
I've tried making at least a dozen different gluten/grain-free pizza crust recipes and I think I've finally gotten it just right. Even the pickiest kiddos will never know!
The traditional toppings I use are organic pasta sauce, red pepper, onions, pepperoni, and sausage. My husband likes cheese and olives on his side; I leave those off, but load my side with extra mushrooms.
Au Naturale Pizza Crust Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Pour in oil, water, egg and stir until well combined.
4. The dough will be soft, but not sticky. You want it to be on the dry-side. If it's too sticky, add more coconut flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until it isn't sticky. Once well mixed with beaters, it should look like the photo below.
5. Place the pizza dough onto a pan lined with a sheet of parchment paper or a silpat. (I absolutely love my silpat and use it nearly every day!)
Put another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is very thin. You may end up using your hands to make it into a shape you want. (It will be big and basically cover your 12X16" silpat.)
7. Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Push in any thin edges or they will burn before the center is cooked.
8. Bake for 18-22 minutes; depending on how crispy or soft you want the crust to be.
9. Lower the oven temp to 400 F.
10. Add your desired toppings (load it up with veggies!) and bake approx. 10-15 more minutes.
(Note: You should never cut on a Silpat. You wouldn't want to slice through it and get fiberglass in your food. I slide the pizza right onto my granite countertop and cut it on there.)
This recipe was inspired from the blog Paleo Spirit.
Jenny Yelle, MHNE Holistic Wellness Educator
Hello lovelies! Thanks for visiting Au Naturale Nutrition and sharing my passion for holistic living and whole foods. I love to help my readers take a natural approach to beauty and aging gracefully. Radiate beautiful health!
Download both of my FREE e-books!
Plus, you'll receive my email newsletter with exclusive info - just for lovely readers like you!
Take my e-courses!
No homework or tests, just great information about holistic wellness!
By accessing or using any page on AuNaturaleNutrition.com, you agree that you have read, understood, and will abide by the:
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.
Any/all of the links on AuNaturaleNutrition.com are affiliate links from which I receive a small commission from sales of certain items. Thank you!